It has now been established with documented proof that V•ROD rebar represents an advantageous solution in a wide range of reinforced concrete applications. What’s more, it is possible to integrate fibre optic sensors (fiber Bragg gratings) into this rebar to enable real time remote monitoring of structural integrity.
Contact us to find out how V•ROD can be used in your next project.
Applications for V•ROD include:
- Parapets and Barriers
- Aluminum Smelters
- Waterfront Structures
- Sea Walls
- Bridges and Overpasses
When Safety and Savings Go Together
The use of V•ROD rebar provides very signifi cant savings while increasing safety for users. Design your next project with V•ROD.
Savings on Life Cycle Cost
- Given the present value for total costs of maintenance and demolition, using V•ROD technology represents a savings of 45 to 60%.
- Given the present value of the overall life cycle cost, using V•ROD technology represents a savings of roughly 15 to 25%.
- If we add unknown factors such as the fact that fragile epoxy coating may be compromised due to impact when installing rebar, the savings provided by using FRP increases from 15 to 30%.
- V•ROD rebar allows costs to be eliminated related to the use of expensive membranes.
- It is possible to use conventional concrete instead of low permeability concrete with added corrosion inhibitors.
- Reduced weight allows for the handling of more rebar at the same time and reduces installation time.
Increased Safety for Owners and Users
- V •ROD rebar is manufactured according to set standards, has been approved by ISIS Canada and is included in CSA design standards.
- Standard specifi cations are now available to engineering firms for quality control of projects, including independent on-site inspection.
- Installation methods in concrete have been standardized in accordance with those of steel.
Click here for more comprehensive information.